OASAS CASAC Section 1
Section I – Knowledge of Substance Use Disorders (85 clock hours)
Section I must include the following course content and associated clock hours:
1. Basic Knowledge: Physical, Psychological, and Pharmacological Effects
2. Overview of the Addictions Field
3. Diversity of Intervention and Treatment Approaches
4. Introduction to Diagnostic Criteria
5. Knowledge of 12 Step and Mutual Aid Groups
6. Toxicology Testing/Screening
Understanding Addiction/Treatment Knowledge: 85 hours
• Disease of Addiction
• Etiology/Causation of Addiction
• History of Addiction and Addiction Treatment
• Models of Treatment
• Other Substances and Behavioral Addictions
• Physical Aspects of Addiction, Brain Science
• Relationship of Addiction to Health, Crime, and Other Social Problems
• Signs, Symptoms, Progression of Addiction
• Treatment Components
• Types of Service Modalities (residential, outpatient, etc.)
• Use of Support Groups
• History of Alcohol
* History of Drugs other than Alcohol
* And more.
Our online training courses provide you with high-quality, affordable education and training in the comfort of your home, favorite cafe, or anywhere you choose to study.
Once you purchase your training, you'll receive an email with your access code, login, and begin. Your courses are available 24/7, and all educational materials are provided with your purchase—no hidden fees.
Once you finish the complete training and the final assessment, you'll receive your certificate of completion.
You will receive 85 clock hours for participation and completion of this training.