What distinguishes Educational Enhancement from others is that we are an OASAS Certified Education Training Program the courses have been approved by OASAS, thereby satisfying the educational requirements for state certification. With the competitive market for counselors and mental health providers, your CASAC Certification will pave the way for direct patient care and supervisory positions in substance abuse and addiction.
Taking this approved CASAC Section 1 training starts your journey to credentialing.
OASAS CASAC Section 1 includes the following:
Section I – Knowledge of Substance Use Disorders (85 clock hours)
Section I must include the following course content and associated clock hours:
1. Basic Knowledge: Physical, Psychological, and Pharmacological Effects
2. Overview of the Addictions Field
3. Diversity of Intervention and Treatment Approaches
4. Introduction to Diagnostic Criteria
5. Knowledge of 12-Steps and Mutual Aid Groups
6. Toxicology Testing/Screening
Understanding Addiction/Treatment Knowledge: 85 hours
• Disease of Addiction
• Etiology/Causation of Addiction
• History of Addiction and Addiction Treatment
• Models of Treatment
• Other Substances and Behavioral Addictions
• Physical Aspects of Addiction, Brain Science
• Relationship of Addiction to Health, Crime, and Other Social Problems
• Signs, Symptoms, and Progression of Addiction
• Treatment Components
• Types of Service Modalities (residential, outpatient, etc.)
• Use of Support Groups
• History of Alcohol
* History of Drugs other than Alcohol
* And more.
Our online training courses provide high-quality, affordable education and training in the comfort of your home, favorite cafe, or anywhere you choose to study.
Once you purchase your training, you'll receive an email with your access code, login, and begin. Your courses are available 24/7, and all educational materials are provided with your purchase—no hidden fees.
Once you complete the training and the final assessment, you'll receive your certificate of completion.
You will receive 85 OASAS-approved clock hours for participation and completion of this training.
We're confident that you'll find our training enjoyable. Yet, if it doesn't resonate with you, there's no need to fret. Within a week, a full refund is there for the taking. And if you change your mind within the next 15 days, we'll still meet you halfway, returning half of your investment. It's our way of honoring your journey and ensuring you feel supported every step of the way.