In the substance abuse treatment field, confidentiality is governed by federal HIPPA regulations, and 42 CFR Part 2 outlines the limited circumstances when an individual's drug or alcohol treatment may be disclosed without the individual's consent. In this training, you will know the purpose of confidentiality and support, when you can break these rules, and the information needed to release consent.
In this training, you will gain the
- Knowledge of current federal (42CFR Part 2, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act [HIPAA] Sections 160 & 164) and state laws governing the appropriate delivery of alcohol and substance use disorder services;
- Ability to explain the rationale for decisions affecting confidentiality;
- Knowledge of privacy best practices and administrative rules, including Jurisdictional specific laws and regulations regarding best practices for handling confidential client information;
- Emphasis on program-specific policies/procedures involving confidentiality, as well as legal issues that relate to Substance Use Disorder clients;
- Understanding to seek clinical supervision in complex matters relating to privacy and legal issues;
- Information that addresses privacy and legal issues associated with working with clients impacted by HIV/AIDS; and
- Consequences of violating codes of ethics, confidentiality laws, and client rights
This is a self-study, self-paced addiction counselor training that includes videos, SlideShare documents, PdFs, Case Studies, short quizzes to test your knowledge, etc.
You can always access a certified professional trainer by eMail, phone, or virtual meeting.
Our online training courses provide you with high-quality, affordable education and training in the comfort of your home, favorite cafe, or anywhere you choose to study.
Once you purchase your training, you'll receive an email with your access code, login, and begin.
Your courses are available 24/7, and your initial cost covers all educational materials provided with your purchase—no hidden fees.
Once you finish the complete training and the final assessment, you'll receive your certificate of completion.
You will receive 9 clock hours for participation and completion of this training.