The realities of on-the-job stressors are present in almost every occupation, which means the signs of job burnout are equally present. They can significantly impact how well mental health professionals can do their jobs. However, for healthcare professionals, on-the-job performance is directly related to health outcomes for their patients, and diminished or impaired performance is a considerable liability.
Counselors, in particular, need to be aware of their reactions to on-the-job stress and the associated impacts of counselor burnout.
This Counselor Wellness training will help you develop an understanding of compassion fatigue, burnout, vicarious traumatization, and other job-related stresses, including the impact of clients’ high-risk behaviors despite treatment interventions.
- how to identify, prevent, and recover from these effects through knowledge on:
- Why compassion fatigue and other job stresses occur and who is at risk;
- the connection between trauma history and compassion fatigue; recognition of symptoms; and prevention and recovery strategies, including the role of clinical supervision;
- knowledge of the importance of self-care for the Substance Use Disorder Counselor, the relationship between a healthy body, a healthy mind, and counselor wellness, and techniques for fostering that relationship (examples include but are not limited to nutrition awareness, relaxation techniques, personal growth, and clinical supervision);
- knowledge of Counselor Wellness programs, including how to develop agency resources to offer counselor assistance, especially Substance Use Disorder intervention services and referrals (e.g., Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)); and peer support;
- knowledge of how substance use/impairment during work hours constitutes misconduct and guidelines for a counselor’s return to work as a direct care provider following a period of impairment.
You will receive 6 OASAS renewal or NAADAC credit hours for participating in and completing this training.
This self-study, self-paced addiction counselor training includes videos, SlideShare documents, PdFs, Case Studies, short quizzes to test your knowledge, etc.
You can access a certified professional trainer via email, phone, or virtual meeting.
Our online training courses provide high-quality, affordable education and training in the comfort of your home, favorite cafe, or anywhere you choose to study.
Once you purchase your training, you’ll receive an email with your access code, log in, and begin.
Your courses are available 24/7, and your initial cost covers all educational materials provided with your purchase—no hidden fees.
Once you finish the complete training and the final assessment, you’ll receive your certificate of completion.
You will receive 5 hours for participation and completion of this training.
This program has been approved for Educational Enhancement, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC provider # 254148, Educational Enhancement, is responsible for all aspects of the programming.
Educational Enhancement is also an OASAS-approved education provider, #0415.
We're confident that you'll find our training enjoyable. Yet, if it doesn't resonate with you, there's no need to fret. Within a week, a full refund is there for the taking. And if you change your mind within the next 15 days, we'll still meet you halfway, returning half of your investment. It's our way of honoring your journey and ensuring you feel supported every step of the way.