Treatment planning is an integral part of the therapeutic process for individuals and the families that we serve.
The treatment plans you write you serve as roadmaps for the clients' recovery while in your care. In this addiction counselor training course, you will learn how to write patient-centered treatment plans and document all client interactions in clear and concise notes.
Receive 24 Credit Hours and learn to write patient-centered treatment plans with this CASAC and CASAC renewal self-study training.
You'll gain knowledge of the:
- understanding of the cooperative process by which counselor and client devise a substance use disorder treatment plan using best practices: a collaborative process that reflects a verbal agreement between a counselor and client;
- knowledge of components of the treatment plan, including goal setting, measurable objectives, time frames; activities, evaluation, recurrence of symptoms/relapse prevention, and discharge planning, including discharge criteria;
- knowledge of the roles and tasks of the interdisciplinary treatment team in carrying out the treatment and discharge plan;
- Updating a treatment plan:
o Assessing client progress and circumstances that may necessitate a change in the course of treatment or impact prognosis development;
o Collaborating with the client and, when appropriate, concerning others to discuss progress and negotiate adjustments to the treatment plan;
o Documenting any adjustments to the treatment plan;
- knowledge of the essential components of client records; including release forms, assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, and discharge summaries/plans – to include skills to compose timely, clear, complete, and concise records that comply with regulations; documentation of information in an objective and legible manner;
- knowledge of new technologies in the production of client records, including electronic health records;
o Creating, maintaining, and monitoring effective follow-up with the client;
o Preparing clients and concerned others in separation issues inherent in the referral and
aftercare process; and
o Providing comprehensive and individualized discharge planning and referral services.
This self-study, self-paced addiction counselor training includes videos, SlideShare documents, PdFs, Case Studies, short quizzes to test your knowledge, etc.
You can access a certified professional trainer via eMail, phone, or virtual meeting.
Our online training courses provide high-quality, affordable education and training in the comfort of your home, favorite cafe, or anywhere you choose to study.
Once you purchase your training, you'll receive an email with your access code, log in, and begin.
Your courses are available 24/7, and your initial cost covers all educational materials provided with your purchase—no hidden fees.
Once you finish the complete training and the final assessment, you'll receive your certificate of completion.
You will receive 24 clock hours for participation and completion of this training.
Educational Enhancement is both an approved OASAS and NAADAC Education Provider.
We're confident that you'll find our training enjoyable. Yet, if it doesn't resonate with you, there's no need to fret. Within a week, a full refund is there for the taking. And if you change your mind within the next 15 days, we'll still meet you halfway, returning half of your investment. It's our way of honoring your journey and ensuring you feel supported every step of the way.