Receive 16 Credit Hours and learn the essentials of building rapport and keeping boundaries in counselor-client relationships.
Upon completion of this training, you'll gain knowledge of the following:
- Knowledge of the purpose of and responsibility to seek and utilize clinical supervision.
- Professional scope of practice in substance use disorder counseling.
- Staying consistent in the professional role, both with colleague and client interactions and in professional and community settings.
- Knowledge of the therapeutic alliance as a unique relationship between counselor and client, integrating basic counseling skills, critical thinking, ethical standards, and professional responsibilities to the client.
- Topics include, but are not limited to:
o clinical boundaries;
o transference and
o counselor self-disclosure;
o recovery issues;
o sexual harassment;
o self-awareness regarding cultural
bias and the need for cultural
competency within the
- Knowledge of the purpose of and responsibility to seek and utilize clinical supervision;
- Professional scope of practice in substance use disorder counseling;
- Staying consistent in the professional role at all times, both with a colleague and client interactions and in professional and community settings;
- Client rights
- Potential conflicts of interest
Self-study, self-paced addiction counselor training includes videos, SlideShare documents, PdFs, Case Studies, short quizzes to test your knowledge, etc.
You can access a certified professional trainer by email, phone, or virtual meeting.
Our online training courses provide high-quality, affordable education and training in the comfort of your home, favorite cafe, or anywhere you choose to study.
Once you purchase your training, you'll receive an email with your access code, log in, and begin.
Your courses are available 24/7, and your initial cost covers all educational materials provided with your purchase—no hidden fees.
Once you complete the training and the final assessment, you'll receive your certificate of completion.
Upon completing this training, you will receive 16 OASAS renewal or NAADAC credit hours for participating in and completing this training.
CASAC renewal-OASAS approved education provider # 0415
NAADAC approved education provider #254148
This program has been approved for Educational Enhancement, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. Educational Enhancement is responsible for all aspects of the programming as an OASAS-approved education provider.
We're confident that you'll find our training enjoyable. Yet, if it doesn't resonate with you, there's no need to fret. Within a week, a full refund is there for the taking. And if you change your mind within the next 15 days, we'll still meet you halfway, returning half of your investment. It's our way of honoring your journey and ensuring you feel supported every step of the way.