Receive 24 Hours and develop a thorough understanding of Screening Assessment and Evaluation. In this addiction counselor training course, you will address the requirements for drug and alcohol screening and assessment of adults and adolescents
You will gain the:
- Knowledge sufficient to determine the presence and extent of a substance use disorder and decide of any needed initial services
- systematic data gathering, assessing, organizing, prioritizing, and summarizing from the client (including presenting symptoms) and collateral sources, including other professionals, concerning all functional areas, including cognitive functioning
- rapport-building and interviewing techniques
- Using stages of change to promote engagement screening and assessment instruments, including how to appropriately select and administer them and the elements of a biopsychosocial assessment
- determining treatment readiness, such as the use of scaling questions like confidence in the ability to change and the importance of making the change
- interpretation of assessment results to integrate all available information, formulate diagnostic impressions
- sharing of assessment results and communicating and exploring treatment options with the client
- exploring treatment options with the client while taking into consideration the client's need
- client ambivalence encountered during the assessment process.
This self-study, self-paced addiction counselor training includes videos, SlideShare documents, PdFs, Case Studies, short quizzes to test your knowledge, etc.
You can access a certified professional trainer via email, phone, or virtual meeting.
Our online training courses provide high-quality, affordable education and training in the comfort of your home, favorite cafe, or anywhere you choose to study.
Once you purchase your training, you'll receive an email with your access code, log in, and begin.
Your courses are available 24/7, and your initial cost covers all educational materials provided with your purchase—no hidden fees.
Once you finish the complete training and the final assessment, you'll receive your certificate of completion.
You will receive 24 OASAS renewal or NAADAC credit hours for participating in and completing this training.
CASAC renewal-OASAS approved education provider # 0415
NAADAC approved education provider #254148
This program has been approved for Educational Enhancement, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. Educational Enhancement is responsible for all aspects of the programming. Educational Enhancement is also an OASAS-approved education provider.
We're confident that you'll find our training enjoyable. Yet, if it doesn't resonate with you, there's no need to fret. Within a week, a full refund is there for the taking. And if you change your mind within the next 15 days, we'll still meet you halfway, returning half of your investment. It's our way of honoring your journey and ensuring you feel supported every step of the way.