Healthcare professionals follow a code of ethics that identifies expected behavioral norms, rules, boundaries, standards, and shared ethical principles. A code of conduct for substance abuse counselors offers guidance on handling tricky situations and appropriately supporting clients from intake to recovery. This training will teach you to make ethical decisions and understand the workplace, social media, and technology ethics.
Receive 9 Credit Hours and Satisfy the Ethical Decision-Making requirement with this renewal self-study training.
You'll gain knowledge of:
- Provides knowledge of the use of critical thinking and analysis in effective, ethical decision-making
- Examines the differences between virtue ethics and ethical decision-making by formal codes of ethics
- Provides knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities of Addictions Counselors; includes formal canons of ethical principles including:
- The CASAC Canon of Ethical Principles
- NAADAC ethics
- the American Psychological Association Code of Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct, the ethical codes of the American Counseling Association, and of
- the National Association of Social Workers
- Provides knowledge of the ethical concerns and need for clear client/counselor boundaries related to the use of technology, including text messaging, Social Media, and Email.
- Examines clinical supervision as an ethical obligation throughout the career of a counselor
This self-study, self-paced addiction counselor training includes videos, SlideShare documents, PdFs, Case Studies, short quizzes to test your knowledge, etc.
You can access a certified professional trainer via email, phone, or virtual meeting.
Our online training courses provide high-quality, affordable education and training in the comfort of your home, favorite cafe, or anywhere you choose to study.
Once you purchase your training, you'll receive an email with your access code, log in, and begin.
Your courses are available 24/7, and your initial cost covers all educational materials provided with your purchase—no hidden fees.
Once you finish the complete training and the final assessment, you'll receive your certificate of completion.
You will receive 9 clock hours for participation and completion of this training.
Educational Enhancement is an approved OASAS and NAADAC Education Provider.
We're confident that you'll find our training enjoyable. Yet, if it doesn't resonate with you, there's no need to fret. Within a week, a full refund is there for the taking. And if you change your mind within the next 15 days, we'll still meet you halfway, returning half of your investment. It's our way of honoring your journey and ensuring you feel supported every step of the way.